Our South Jersey Bankruptcy Attorneys Explain Why You Need a Bankruptcy Lawyer
Do You Need a Bankruptcy Lawyer? The Short Answer is Yes.
Filing personal bankruptcy without an attorney is a bit like performing your own surgery. You could always try, but it is not a good idea. Bankruptcy law allows you to file without a lawyer, but doing so can have serious negative effects on your bankruptcy case, your money, your family and your life. If you are thinking about filing bankruptcy or have questions about bankruptcy, our South Jersey bankruptcy lawyers can give you the answers you need.
The Dangers of Filing Bankruptcy Without an Attorney
Our bankruptcy attorneys know bankruptcy law. We know how the bankruptcy court will react to certain things; we know the correct way to complete your bankruptcy paperwork; we know the pitfalls and things to watch out for. We know all the steps you need to take to complete a successful bankruptcy and get the relief you so desperately need. While you may think that filing on your own will save you money, it could ultimately cost you – and it could cost you big:
- You could lose valuable property that otherwise could have been protected
- You could have your case repeatedly dismissed for improper filing of documents, causing you to incur multiple filing fees
- You could face multiple trips before the trustee or even the judge, missing work in the process
- You could lose your ability to file another case if you make serious mistakes
- You could lose your bankruptcy discharge, which is what wipes out your debt
- You could face accusations of fraud and perjury
Why You Need Our South Jersey Bankruptcy Lawyers
Our experienced South Jersey bankruptcy lawyers can help you avoid the hazards of filing bankruptcy without an attorney. We can make sure that:
- All your questions about bankruptcy are answered
- Your paperwork is complete and correct
- You file the right type of bankruptcy
- You perform every action required to finish your case successfully
- You disclose everything you should disclose to your creditors, the court and the trustee
- You understand everything you are signing
- Your property is protected to the fullest extent of the law
Do not file bankruptcy without an attorney. Jenkins & Clayman is here to help. Our attorneys have been helping people just like you file bankruptcy for nearly 30 years, and we can assist you. Each year, too many good, honest people attempt bankruptcy on their own and make their situations worse. If you are in debt and need relief, contact our South Jersey bankruptcy attorneys now and let us advise you. We serve all of South Jersey from our five office locations – call today.